PDA

View Full Version : Guests?

L DEAN DOLPH 8907
12-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Okay, John, this ole guy finally made it to this forum and I have a question or two.

I see at the bottom of the main forum screen under 'Currently Active Users' that there are 15 users online, 3 members and 12 guests. Where do the guests come from? I understood that this was a secure forum and only PRA members would be able to access it.

The other thing is, I thought the PAC forum had been created but I don't see it anywhere. What about the chapters, including a virtual chapter? Is the reason they don't appear yet is because you are still in testing mode?

Dean Dolph - PRA #8907

BRENT DRAKE 38604
12-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Dean, the way I understand it is, any can come on and view. But only members can post.

L DEAN DOLPH 8907
12-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Brent, since I'm usually pretty good at 'breaking' web sites I'm wondering if I found a bug since I subscribed to this thread and 12 hours later I still haven't received email notification of your reply.

And how can guests access this forum when supposedly a person has to log on to the web site 1st. I haven't checked but I didn't notice a way to get to this forum without logging on 1st.

JOHN ROUNTREE 41449
12-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Hi Dean
I'm getting notifications. Not sure how to check your setting but let me research and get back to us all.
We will need that.

Since PRA mission is to educate the public. We could not follow that mission if we did not let anyone without money learn. Especially in 3rd world countries.

However they cannot read everything like PRA member Open Source Project 'Finished Blogs' or buy them at cost and they cannot see attachments some photos are thumbnails.

Basically anyone may learn here; However, only PRA members are spending there hard earned money solely to make the world a better place by providing the funds we need to share our passion so only the special few deserve to ask question and receive full members benefits.

Does that seem fair while still following our mission to the letter?

JOHN ROUNTREE 41449
12-28-2014, 12:27 PM
I need the guest view tested and you can learn just what a guess see's!

Log-off the forum and log off the PRA.org site = Both log-out!

Then go to www.PRA.org/Forums/

Do not log in just browse. Dean you will notice that the PAC's private form does not show up.
Volunteers will notice that their private forums do not show up either.
You will notice that my Blog for PRA finances dose not even show up any more and if they found it on their own the attachments will not download for their review as when you are log in as members.

Anyway check it out if you see anything you feel is a mistake or you feel a guest should NOT SEE in this mode then LET US KNOW in the bugs report forums under technical support and we will fix or discuss it with all of our members input?

JOHN ROUNTREE 41449
12-28-2014, 01:14 PM
PS:
As to the # of guess that number only tell us how many people are on our site including PRA.org and the Forum combined not separate.
So we do not really know how many guest are reading the forum or the Web-site 'Join Us' page for instance.

In the past we almost always have 4 to 7 viewers on the web-site before the Forum was up.

The way to audit is to look at the number of viewers on each thread in each forum.

I suspect and have audited in this way and most are on the web-site not on here but I think they come here read the few post and leave both sites as that is what it appears to me so far by inspection.

BRENT DRAKE 38604
12-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Excellent jog John. Thanks Again