PDA

View Full Version : Calendar that could have been

BRENT DRAKE 38604
01-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Ladies and gentlemen with deep regret.

I had visioned a 12" calendar for the PRA benefit. I had a plan for a calendar that was 12" wide and 24" tall when unfolded.

The Picture would have been 12" square.

It would have been sent to every PRA member at no charge to the PRA.

I tried to get the CFI's on board with this @ $380 per CFI.

Out of contacting over 20 CFI's I had 3 participate. Gary Goldsberry, Steve McGowan, and Britta Penca.

I contacted over 4 different gyroplane manufacturers. None would participate.

I then contacted 3 DPE's. None would participate.

This would have been some great advertising and made it very easy for the new PRA members to know who is who and where they are located.

With 1,000 calendars @ $6.70 ea plus $1,200 for shipping

This comes to $7,910

I had only intended to collect $4,560

This would have been a $3,350 out of my own pocket to complete this project.

I believe this would have been a win win for the PRA and gyro's in the united States.

I'm sorry this idea for the calendar did not work out as planned.

This was at no expense to the PRA

This was not a PRA project. It was a personal project I was hoping to materialize.

I believe some people don't understand the power of advertising.

DEAN DOLPH 8907
01-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Brent, I appreciate your generosity and attempt on this project!

Mike McKiernan, who was at one time the youngest PRA board member and served as secretary, (owns a printing company, MJM Graphics in Illinois) did this very thing on his own in 2008 with a 11" X 19" one page calendar and sent it out to all the chapters for distribution. He did it on his dime but had the resources to get it done and had graphic designers at his disposal.

If a one page calendar would work for you then you may want to contact Mike and run it by him for cost. By the way, I don't think he ever received even one acknowledgement from the PRA BOD so he may be a mite sensitive about the subject!

BRENT DRAKE 38604
01-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info Dean