Thread: KB2 and Benson BM8 Plans

KB2 and Benson BM8 Plans

I have what I believe to be a KB2 or B8M that I would like to rebuild. Does anyone know where I can find plans for these Gyro's?

Thanks

There were some Brock plans on the Rotary wing forum. let me know if you are still looking.

Hi
    I purchased a set of Bensen gyro plans back in the 60s. I am considering building the glider and then place a motor on it after learning how to fly it. The plans I have looked at say that you cannot build the gyro from the plans, only from kits. As they seem to give you all the dimensions,why cannot it be built from Them? I have heard of the extended mast but cannot find any mention of the material lengths changes or parts that would or should be changed. In thrPRA download able plans for the Bensen and or Brock plans, some files say damaged and cannot be opened. Are there other places to get these files from Downloads? I have been unable to find wheels that are 12 inches in diameter with 1 inch bearings as mentioned in the plans I have. What are others using? I have heard that the blades can be built, where can I find information on doing this? How do you know how long the blades should be and how long the bar holding them should be? Are there Brock plans that can be downloaded to compare Parts? I have just joined the PRA and was hoping that these questions could be answered before I start building. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Donald Burke 43327; 07-15-2017 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Added questions

Does anyone have a link to pdf files showing the KB2 or KB3 plans? I am getting ready to build my Bensen gyro and would like to compare the differences as if I understand correctly, the Brock plans are updated Bensen plans as I purchased my original Bensen plans from Brock back in the 60's. Is there a log somewhere that shows the changes that need to be done to a Bensen design to make it safer? I have tried to ask what the accepted rotor head design is for gyros built now is but no ones either knows or is willing to offer an answer. Where can you find an updated rotor head design set of drawings that is considered updated and safe in today's standards? I have been looking for construction plans for a pre-rotator showing how it's parts fit to the rotor head. If anyone has any information they are willing to direct me to, I would appreciate it. Have a nice day.
    Don