Thread: New gyro price list and production schedule

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New gyro price list and production schedule

2017 International Price List (in dollars for May 24's 2017 exchange rate).

Aviomania's New price list and production schedule for July deliveries = building 4 single place and 2 two place models for stock, if we do NOT take deposits on them before July's completion date.

Price range solely dependent on engine package selected the rest of the kit is identical.
    Single Place kits from $17,876.00 to $40,101.10 for a 912 ULS (100 HP)
    Two Place kits from $25,070.00 to $62,119.10 for a 915 iS (115 HP)

Kits come with everything you need and see in the pictures, unless noted.

Two Place open Cockpit G1sA/2 “Genesis Duo” QUICK BUILD kits = all parts needed, painted & ready for 51% assembly.
    (this is the latest model two place, 30 Kg lighter, bigger fuel tank )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G2Sa.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	538

Two place Quick Built kit (NO ENGINE & ENGINE ACCESSORIES) ...............................: $29,375.50
    Two place Quick Built kit (NO ENGINE, ENGINE ACCESSORIES, NO ROTORS, NO INSTRUMENTS): $25,070.00
    Hirth 2 stroke 100 HP engine Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator.........: $41,202.00
    Rotax 912ULS (100 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . : $47,524.00
    Rotax 914 turbo (115 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . : $56,887.10
    Rotax 915 iS turbo (130 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . : $62,119.10
    ======

Single Place Open Cockpit G1sB “Genesis CE” QUICK BUILD kits = all parts needed, painted & ready for 51% assembly.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	539

Quick Built kit (NO ENGINE & ENGINE ACCESSORIES) ...............................: $17,876.00
    Rotax 582 (+ E box & starter, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) : $23,980.00
    Rotax 912UL (80 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . . .: $33,027.00
    Rotax 912ULS (100 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . : $35,752.00
    ====

Single Place Convertible enclosed Cockpit G1sE “Genesis Sport” QUICK BUILD kits = all parts needed, painted & ready for 51% assembly.

Name:	Utha.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	540

Quick Built kit (NO ENGINE & ENGINE ACCESSORIES) ...............................: $21,745.50
    Rotax 582 (+ E box & starter, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) : $28,438.10
    Rotax 912UL (80 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . . .: $37,594.10
    Rotax 912ULS (100 HP, Standard instruments, Mechanical prerotator) ... . . . : $40,101.10
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 05-24-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

I hope you had a Happy New Year John! I am extremely interested in a AvioMania Genesis G1sE Gyro kit. I would love some more information about this gyro and your thoughts on this kit. What is the average build time for the Genesis G1sE kit. Have you heard of anyone building this kit with an alternative to the Rotax engines such as the Aeromomentum AM13 engine? Have you installed any of the MGL iEFIS products you sell in the Genesis G1sE? I would love to hear more about your personal experience with the Genesis Gyro’s. I greatly appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Nic

Blog Entries
    Hello Nic
    The kit is well designed. The last customer who has been flying gyro for years quote " in my opinion my machine is the most advanced single place machine in the World.

It is exactly the kind of machine that would make this sport take off because it is a year around machine."

Aviomania sold 5 machines with alternative engines. Only one of those have been assembled and is flying. All the others that ordered or owned Rotax Engines are flying.
    Nicolas does not wish to just sell gyro's that do not fly.
    Because of this he has changed his policy to he will only sell a kit if you send him a picture of the Rotax engine's serial numbers or buy a new engine with the kit.

If you email me I can send you a price list that will convert the Euros to dollars for you.
    JohnRountree@msn.com
    PRA- Director

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Good Evening John,
    I really appreciate all your help and wonderful information about the Genesis G1sE! I can understand where Nicolas is coming from and with all the custom things needed to be done for an alternative engine with extra weight is not worth it too him. That being said I am happy to hear that he would be willing to sell the kit if I found a low time used Rotax 912uls. I was also curious how the Jabiru 2200 would compare here but just an idea, although I have heard about issues with cooling on a Gyro. The installed weight of the Jabiru 2200 is within 10-15lbs of the installed weight of the Rotax 912. I am going to look into some low time Rotax 912uls’s. I heard these engines are also quite bulletproof so I think I would be fine with an used 912uls. As I stated in the AvioMania forum, I only weigh 135lbs and 150lbs at my heaviest... so I think an engine in the 65-80hp range would work well for me. What are your thoughts on this?
    I would prefer a four stroke engine if at all possible for the lower fuel burn and ease of use.
    I was still curious if there is an option to install the MGL iEFIS 8.5” or 10” PFD instead of the gauges included in the package. I really would like to build the Aviomania Genesis G1sE and will be looking into finding a good used Rotax 912uls engine. I greatly appreciate all your helpful information and for your assistance in this project!
    I look forward to hearing from you and hope this finds you in good health!

Cheers,

Nic

Blog Entries
    Hi Nic

I've not flown in real conditions with my MGL EFIS so I cannot give a valid customer report. I'll be installing it next month and will let you know.
    At first I liked that we sold alternative engine frames only. However Nicolas has dialed these in for the exact weight of a Rotax and would have to buy one each of every engine to make them with the exact same stability.
    With a Rotax Nicolas can guarantee that it will be the most stable Gyroplane sold on the market today. That not just my/our opinion but Chuck Beady PRA's Guru's and his first post when he saw it was. "This is the only modern gyroplane manufacture that is CLT and following all of Juan DeCirva's stability criteria, including torque roll damping.

So now I agree with Nicolas and unless the customer can talk Nicolas into shipping him the alternative engine and letting him keep it for a few MONTHS to design and test it I do not think you could talk him into alternative engines again.

Just a heads up on the different models performance Aviomana's gyroplanes are 95% the same as the Genesis CE (That's the enclosed convertible).
    Only the cabin, fuel tank and rudder pedals are different.
    Handling is the same as the CE.
    Performance is little better in the CE (= less drag ). The difference is 5-10 MPH higher speed with the same engine RPM (depending on which RPM).
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 01-05-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    PRA- Director

Good Morning John,

I really am impressed with the stability of the Genesis and would not want to change that. I mean that is the reason I am really interested in the Gyro to begin with, so after reading your post it made a lot more sense to stick with the Rotax. My real issue was not with the Rotax engine but with the $10k price increase. If I would then add In the MGL iEFIS, radio, maybe autopilot and you are easily pushing the price of a two seater. I did not know he would allow me to use a used Rotax 912ul engine. I am perfectly happy with this option and am interested to see how this project will progress.
    If I can get a used Rotax 912ul engine for around $10k... I think things will work out quite well.
    I really like the prospect of both building my Gyro and having it flying in a month or two instead of years.
    I would prefer to handle my own maintenance and I like the fact that I will know the inner workings of this gyro. I am anxious to see what you think of the MGL iEFIS. I really like that you are able to tailer it to the aircraft you are flying. I love technology but I might be just as well off using gauges with a Stratus and ForeFlight as an EFIS. I guess it will all depend on my cash flow at the time of ordering...

I greatly appreciate all the helpful assistance and knowledge! I hope you are doing well my friend...

Nic