Thread: This thread is now manned.

Red face This thread is now manned.

I would be glad to help with any certification questions of EAB & LSA aircraft

Awesome Tom. Your what we need here.!!!

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent news Thank you Tom! U-Rock!
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 12-19-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Preparing to register a new gyro! .... 2012 seems a long time ago & memory is fuzzy....
    1. Reserve N#
    2. collected registration form @ local FSDO
    3. Complete #2 & Data plate ... make sure they match EXACTLY ... send in to receive registration card BEFORE appt. with DAR for Airworthy inspection
    4. Hang test
    5. 3 color photos of aircraft ... frontal & each side.
    6. Builders log with pictures, dates & hours
    7. FAA EAB fabrication & assembly checklist filled out & completed ... ensure >51% assigned tasks done by named "builder"!
    8. Airworthy inspection with DAR - receive operating limitations.
    9. keep Airworthy, Reg, Operating limitation Weight&Balance (HangTest) ... docs IN AIRCRAFT ... in case of a ramp check!

???What did I forget???
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 05-11-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Hey, Tom glad to see that you continue to live up to your rep! Participating and helping others will keep ya young! The birthdays keep a comin' but......
    Dean Dolph
    PRA #8907
    Katy, TX.
    281-391-3731
    Email - topspin38@comcast.net

PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Toevs 42127 View Post
    Preparing to register a new gyro! .... 2012 seems a long time ago & memory is fuzzy....
    1. Reserve N#
    2. collected registration form @ local FSDO
    3. Complete #2 & Data plate ... make sure they match EXACTLY ... send in to receive registration card BEFORE appt. with DAR for Airworthy inspection
    4. Hang test
    5. 3 color photos of aircraft ... frontal & each side.
    6. Builders log with pictures, dates & hours
    7. FAA EAB fabrication & assembly checklist filled out & completed ... ensure >51% assigned tasks done by named "builder"!
    8. Airworthy inspection with DAR - receive operating limitations.
    9. keep Airworthy, Reg, Operating limitation Weight&Balance (HangTest) ... docs IN AIRCRAFT ... in case of a ramp check!

???What did I forget???
    This seems like a complete list to me!! Thanks of posting that! Might want to make it a sticky!
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club
    http://www.Pra31.org

U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA http://www.AviomaniaUSA.com

OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

I have a question that I may not want to hear the answers to. I am new to the sport pilot certification regs so not sure what to do here. I baught a gyro that has every thing I have wonted already on it. Drop tail, Subaru engine, pre rotor, brake's, spring landing gear, fuel tank seat, etc.. How do I register this machine? It has 'experimental' on the mast but no 'n' number. The kid I naught it from had no clue what he had. Took the rotors off and raced it like a go cart in his pasture collapsing the landing gear. Where do I start?

Hi William,
    From the Subaru engine info, I deduce it wont make it as an ultralight. How much of the gyro is finished? A picture or two would help a lot. I bought the gyro in my avatar at a farm auction, it sounds a lot like your gyro.
    Where are you located?
    Do you subscribe to Powered Sport Flying magazine? If so, they will have an announcement handed down from the FAA that will help your situation. Watch for the next issue. I subscribe to the magazine and will echo the announcement in the rotorcraft community.
    Now, how about some pictures?
    Tom

New to this so don't know how to post pics. Will try tho. Machine is complete and has been flown a lot. As I stated landing gear is in need of repair and it needs new rotors. Machine needs a through going thru but in general is in good shape. Engine is in excellent condition.

Trying to post pics. Not sure if it worked tho.