Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: How to register an Experimental Amateur Built aircraft with the FAA.

  1. #1
    PRA Secretary JOHN ROUNTREE 41449's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    San Diego Ca.
    Blog Entries

    How to register an Experimental Amateur Built aircraft with the FAA.

    I'm going through this process now and copied most of this from what Chris Toves posted and then I called the FAA to learn what is really needed so I'm sharing what I've learned so far..

    1) Reserve a N# for it here. You need this before you can fill out the forms below.

    2) Once your N# as been reserved (you will receive a conformation letter) you can order one (not two) data plates. The FAA does not want a data plate mailed to them. They only want you to fill out the form 8050-88 below with the same information with the exact name of the builder matching your data plate. I've only now using these folks and cannot recommend them yet.

    3) You need to fill out two forms (see attachments below for the forms):
    ___A) Aircraft Registration Application
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JOHN ROUNTREE 41449; 05-24-2016 at 05:53 PM.
    PRA- Director
    PRA- Volunteer Coordinator

    PRA31 - Vice President of S.D. Rotorcraft Club

    U.S. Agent for Aviomania Aircraft... the most stable gyroplane on the market today.
    See: Aviomania USA

    OEM Dealer for MGL Avionics - glass cockpit EFIS for Experimental aircraft Ask about DISCOUNTS for PRA MEMBERS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts